On July 13th, 2013, the 11th annual Peacestock: A Gathering for Peace will take place at Windbeam Farm in Hager City WI.
Peacestock, formerly known as “Pigstock”, is a mixture of music, speakers, and community for peace in an idylic location near the Mississippi, just one hour’s drive from the Twin Cities of Minnesota.
Peacestock is sponsored by Veterans for Peace, Chapter 115 and has a peace-themed agenda.
About Peacestock 2013
- Peacestock 2013 Speakers
- Peacestock 2013 Performers
- Peacestock 2013 Schedule
- Peacestock 2013 poster & flyers
Facebook users: Please join our Peacestock Facebook page
Remembering Peacestock (and Pigstock!)
- Peacestock 2012 SummaryThe Red Wing area VFP chapter held its 10th annual Peacestock (formerly Pigstock) retreat on July 14, 2012 at Paul and Trudy Schaefer’s Windbeam farm in Hager City, Wisconsin. The 2012 theme was Religion and War/Peace and featured Father Roy Bourgeois as key note speaker. Plenty of time was also allotted for the (normally shy?) audience to speak their minds.
- Peacestock 2012 video: David SwansonDavid Swanson is author of Daybreak; Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union (2009); War is a Lie (2010); When the World Outlawed War (2010); The Military Industrial Complex at 50 (2012). Daniel Ellsberg, a speaker at Peacestock 2011, calls David “a very valuable American and human being”.
- Peacestock 2012 video: Rev. Duane KamrathRev. Duane Kamrath is the author of Wisdom about War and Violence.
- Peacestock 2012 video: Josh RuebnerJosh Ruebner is the National Advocacy Director of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, a national coalition of more than 380 organizations working to end U.S. support for Israel’s illegal 44-year military occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip, and to change U.S. policy toward Israel/ Palestine to support human rights, international law, and equality.
- Peacestock 2012 video: Sami RasouliOn July 14th, 2012, the 10th Annual Peacestock: A Gathering for Peace took place at Windbeam Farm in Hager City WI. Peacestock (formerly "Pigstock") is a mixture of music, speakers, and community for peace in an idylic location near the Mississippi. Peacestock is sponsored by Veterans for Peace, Chapter 115 and has a peace-themed agenda.Sami Rasouli, American-Iraqi, formerly from Minneapolis, MN, founder of The Muslim Peacemaker Team, spoke on conditions in Iraq today.
- Peacestock 2012 video: Fr. Roy BourgeoisIn 1990, Roy founded the School of Americas Watch, an office that does research on the US Army School of the Americas (SOA), now renamed the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation or WHINSEC, at Fort Benning, Georgia. Each year the school trains hundreds of soldiers from Latin America in combat skills – all paid for by U.S. taxpayers.
- Peacestock 2012 video: Leah Bolger, President of Veterans For Peace"I joined the U.S. Navy in 1980 and served on active duty for the next 20 years relatively ignorant of the vastness of the U.S. military machine and its deep-seated entrenchment with our government and economy. I had little understanding of the "military-industrial complex' that President Eisenhower warned us about 50 years ago, and I certainly didn't know what Major General Smedley Butler meant when he said that "War is a racket."
- Peacestock 2011 photos from Circle VisionCynthia McKinney, Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer, Ray McGovern and more.
- Peacestock 2011 video: Ray McGovern presentationAs a senior CIA analyst, Ray McGovern was in charge of preparing daily security briefs for President Reagan and later for President George H.W. Bush. Since retiring, he has became a vocal peace advocate.
- Peacestock 2011 video: Cynthia McKinney Adds Courage and Energy to Peacestock 2011Former Congresswoman and 2008 Green Party Presidential Nominee Cynthia McKinney spoke at the Hager City, Wis., farm gathering of Peacestock 2011, an annual celebration of peace and music. McKinney has an international reputation for her peace efforts including receiving The Munich American Peace Committee Peace Prize in 2010.